Created by teachers. Loved by kids!
Are you interested in introducing entrepreneurship, innovation, and problem-solving concepts to your students? We are excited to introduce KidInnovator, a curriculum toolkit for upper elementary and middle school students! Try it out by clicking on the FREE Activity below. The full KidInnovator curriculum toolkit is licensed for $129 annually. It's perfect for the traditional classroom, after-school programs, camps, or homeschool settings!
Created by middle school teachers
Over the last two years the Jacobson Institute has transferred our entrepreneurship camps into an online program. In the process KidInnovator was born! KidInnovator is a fun, interactive curriculum full of activities that will empower your students to think outside the box, work in teams, and solve problems through entrepreneurship. KidInnovator is turn-key, with no training needed. Each unit comes with teacher notes, a slide deck, and student activity worksheets. The full curriculum toolkit is online, and works well for in-person or online education. Try the Free Unit today!
What kids are saying about KidInnovator
These quotes came directly from students participating in our virtual KidInnovator camp summers 2020 and 2021. This feedback inspired us to roll the program out nationwide.
“My favorite part was being able to present my pitch in front of everyone.”
- Momo, 6th grade
“I like that we had free rein and could create whatever.”
-Jaiden, 6th grade
“I loved learning like a professional.”
-Mia, 6th grade
“I liked getting feedback from everyone!”
-Tabitha, 5th grade
“I learned a lot about innovation and how to take my idea and turn it into a business that solves problems.”
-Rylyn, 5th grade
“Loved the program!”
-Stella, 6th grade
“I learned some vocabulary and ideas around starting my own business. Good examples of people who did it - starting with an idea and working their way up to a company.”
-Daniel, 7th grade
“My favorite part was making the pitch for my product. I truly enjoyed this!”
-Ava, 8th grade
“I liked everything, I wouldn’t change anything”
-Sarah, 5th grade
What teachers are saying about KidInnovator
“These materials provide differentiation and student agency at its finest! The modules build student independence and confidence as they realize their ideas hold power to the world around them! At the heart of it, these modules are supporting the growth of employable, autonomous, connected, problem solvers!”
“Simply put, KidInnovator is FUN! Students get to explore their ideas and create something that excites them. KidInnovator Toolkit has helped me engage even the most challenging learners in my classroom. I recommend KidInnovator Toolkit to any and all middle-grade teachers looking to immerse their students in the world of entrepreneurship!”
The KidInnovator Curriculum Toolkit will take students on a deep dive into investigating the role that networking, personality, and self-reflection play in the innovation and entrepreneurship processes. The toolkit will end by having students pitch their ideas like a BOSS!
- Pacing: The full toolkit has the flexibility to fit your needs: adaptable as a short unit, semester-long course, or one-off activity (great option for fun Friday activities!)
- Materials Required: Aside from paper for the students' use, everything you need is right here.
- Classroom Outcomes:
- Students will be able to describe the importance of networking as a tool for social and professional connection building.
- Students will practice appropriate interactions intended to form deeper social connections, including handshakes.
- Students will investigate and discuss the personality and qualities of entrepreneurs as well as work to evaluate their own personalities.
- Students will get an introduction to the process of innovation and idea development.
- Teacher Facilitation: The teacher is the facilitator as students drive the innovation and entrepreneurial process.
Works in all classrooms
- Turn-key and ready to use
- Works in-person and virtually
- Perfect for careers, business, and technology courses, but can be incorporated into any subject area
- Flexible and designed to meet your needs: Adaptable as a short unit, semester-long course, or one-off activity (Great option for Fun Friday activities!)
- Cross-curricular learning
Equips students with future ready skills
- Individualized learning that sparks innovation and imaginative thinking
- Focuses on problem and project-based learning to excite learners
- Utilizes hands-on and team activities to boost communication skills and confidence
- Prepares students for future business, innovation, and entrepreneurship courses
- Transferable skills for college and career readiness
Creates a cutting-edge classroom
- Ties to invention, design thinking, and entrepreneurship education
- Empowers students to be their own boss
- Places students and educators on the forefront of where education is going
- Sparks interest and connections with local business community
- Taps into students’ passions and skills
- Real-world application- students see their ideas turn into businesses and invention
- The annual fee for the entire online curriculum toolkit is $129.00 per academic year. License per year for unlimited usage to fit your needs. (no limit to class or student usage)
- The annual fee is waived for schools in the Iowa City - Cedar Rapids corridor thanks to generous sponsorship from Hills Bank, Iowa City Area Development Group, Marion Chamber, and Marion Economic Development Corporation (MEDCO). See full list below.
The University of Iowa owns the copyright for KidInnovator. You are expected to renew your license each school year (another reason we've kept the license fee so low).
How to pay
- Perkins funding
- General budget
- COVID-19 funding
All Saints School
Cedar Rapids Community School District
Cedar Valley Christian School
Iowa City Comm School District
Isaac Newton Christian Academy
LaSalle Catholic Elementary School
LaSalle Catholic Middle School
Lisbon Community School District
Marion Independent School District
Mid Prairie School District
Mount Vernon School District
Regina Elementary School
Regis Middle School
St James Elem School
St Joseph School
St Matthew School
St Pius X School
Summit Schools Inc
Trinity Lutheran School
Washington Community School District